Digital Story Workshop provides:
• Video-stories (5-10 minute imaginative live-action video products that the children watch together in class and take home on DVDs).
• Documentation of children's explorations related to their school experience (providing a link between school and home).
• Media education (empowerment through learning about how digital movies are made).
• Arts education (workshops focusing on making props and costumes).
• Play collaboration with other children (fostering intellectual, social and emotional growth).
• Play collaboration with Kristin Eno, Ed.M. (helping children's play to reach to a higher intellectual level--see Vygotsky, V. Paley, Sutton Smith, Lindqvist).
• Incorporation of imaginative play into classroom curriculum (addressing a very important need for children of this age group).
• Incorporation of outside time into the school schedule (the videos are often shot outside school walls).
• Opportunities for healthy interaction between child and adult project facilitators (providing small-group work for children who may need it greatly but not get it otherwise in their school schedule).